Friday, March 13, 2020

What's Your Secret Sauce?


Part 1:
- I was captain of my high school soccer team since Sophomore year, which helped me develop leadership skills and abilities
-I worked a summer job last summer along side a CFO of a small manufacturing company that allowed me to learn how companies operate day to day.
-My parents taught me from a young age that I have to work to get something and it is not just handed to me, this helped develop a strong work ethic.
-I have a lot of self-determination making myself set the bar high as I know my capabilities and I can push myself to grow.
-I have a risk management role in the coed business fraternity, this has helped me learn how to deal with conflict in an appropriate but timely manner.


Part 2:
1 - My sister commented about how I am really self-motivated and hard on myself with academic always striving for the A.
2- My roommate said that I am always willing to help her and others when it comes to life problems and school, that I care a lot about my friends and make them a high priority.
3- My other roommate said I take responsibility in the apartment by cleaning the living space and kitchen whenever it gets dirty even though I might not have contributed to the mess.
4- My mom said that I am very well rounded in the sense that I am smart academic wise, putting a lot of effort into school, but also socially I do well working with others.
5- My dad mentioned how smart I am with money and that I pay very close attention to how and where I spend my money which is great when it comes to a business.

Part 3:
When I was evaluating myself I looked for a lot of  moments that capture my human capital but my friends and family talked about just my abilities and traits. My dad thought of something that was really different than anything I thought of. I do believe he is correct as I like to see where my money is going making sure I am not just spending excessive money with no reasoning. It was cool to see what everyone said and even if their thoughts were slightly different than what I came up with, I still believe their comments to be correct about me.


1 comment:

  1. Being self-motivated is so important when you are starting your own business, so that's awesome. I also had a difficult time keeping my interviewees from getting too far into my personal characteristics. From a business standpoint though, maybe that's a good thing. Also, the fact that besides personal qualities you also have so much experience helps tremendously with your human capital.

    ReplyDelete