Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Idea Napkin #2

1. I am second year accounting student from Tampa, Flordia. My plans for school are to do a combined degree with an undergrad in accounting and a masters in information systems. My skills that make me successful with my idea is my ability to do accounting work for my company. I had a summer job last summer and worked alongside a CFO of a small company which allowed me to get an on hand experience of how to run a company and manage money. This will be helpful with my startup as every company needs to know how to finance and do the books for a company to operate. With that being said,  I see myself working the behind scene of the company not doing a lot of sales, promotions or app designing.

2. My company is offering a eco-friendly and affordable option of transportation to the students at the University of Florida. Many students need a reliable and convenient method to get around campus and the surrounding areas because they do not have a bike or car with them at school.

3.My scooters are ideally for student at the University of Florida, who live on or off campus but do not have a method of transportation besides walking. These students are in an age bracket from 17-24 and these people do not have access to a car, bike or scooter already. They have some discretionary money that they would spend to ensure safety when traveling.

4. People would actually pay for my service for a couple reasons. First, many college kids use their money on Ubers and Lyfts so transportation is something college kids would spend money on. Plus the scooter would be a cheaper version of those competitors. Second, college kids would buy it for the convenient factor. They do not have a reliable way of transportation on and around campus. The RTS system is not reliable as the bus always come later than they predict on the app or not at all. This would eliminate people having to rely on a service because the scooter would be waiting for them to use it.

5. My core competency is being the first service like this in Gainesville. I would gain customer loyalty by being the first service line integrated into the market. The use for the scooter is limitless as well people can use it for enjoyment, traveling to and from classes or a job, a way to reach the Publix on the edge of campus for groceries. So even though I have an intended use for the scooter, people will find new ways and reasons to ride the scooter.

Reflection/ Feedback Memo:
I think my answers all fit together and make it work for my company. I think it shows the crack in my startup in the sense of I need to hire people to develop an app that coincides with renting the scooters and have employees out promoting my product. I do believe this company is something that would fit me as I see this as a solution to the problem I have, making me more passionate about this company. I only received one comment on my last idea napkin. Reflecting on that comment it seems that they agree my accounting background would help with the financial aspect of the company but to develop a full staff to help me with the topics I do not have knowledge on.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    Your background is impressive and definitely very useful in any business. I think you have a great idea that people in Gainesville, myself included, would really enjoy. If you can make the rental of these scooters cheap, I'm sure college students would love it even more and be more likely to use your scooters. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    I am really impressed with your education and background. As a business owner, this will surely help you. I have said this before, but any opportunity to decrease the pain of transportation around campus has my money! Your accounting skills will surely help you to find a price point that both makes you and your business money as well as be affordable to the consumer. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete