Friday, April 10, 2020

Celebrating Failure

This semester I applied to be a community assistant at my apartment complex, but I did not get the job.  The hiring process for this job was a little longer than I expected as I had a virtual interview, group interview and an one on one in person interview. Through the process, I experienced different emotions and when I found out I did not get the job I was upset. This job would have been something manageable with my school work and allowed me to make money in an easy fashion. In the moment the rejection stunk; however, I was able to gain interview experience from it. This experience allowed me to be more confident in my interviewing abilities which in turn helped me with two interviews I had for summer leadership programs and internships. When it came time for interviews with bigger companies and more important jobs I did much better. I landed two summer leadership programs and an internship offer for next summer. Failure is something that happens to us all but it is how you respond to failure that makes a person better and stronger. Reflecting back on that experience always allows me to see the good that came out of it. I would more likely take a risk in the future then I was before this experience.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    Failure can be a good time in terms of lessons that you learn from it. When you fail, you drive yourself to succeed on the next time, and when one door closes two will open. Failing in the present can set you up for improved success in the future. It is always good to get out of your comfort zone and push yourself to take controlled risks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Danielle,
    I agree with you that failure is something that all of us will experience a lot through our lives. How we deal with this can help shape us for the better and lead to our successes. Experience is one major thing I have always gained with failure. It also allows me to see what I can do different next time in hopes of a different result.

    ReplyDelete