Thursday, February 6, 2020

Identifying Opportunities in Economic & Regulatory Trends

Regulatory Opportunity #1
Legalizing of Marijuana for Recreational Use Across America:

The legalization of marijuana has been all over the news for the past few months as many states has approved it for recreational use. This is a huge opportunity for anyone that is in the medical marijuana field as some of their business can increase as their customer base expands. I believe that the customer with this opportunity is anyone currently smokes marijuana. This customer base is a lot of college students and middle aged people. I think this is a rather easy opportunity to exploit if you are looking to enter into the business of selling recreational marijuana.
I saw this information and saw this as an opportunity because I am surrounded by people would be a customer if marijuana was legalized. Since I see how big of a market this opportunity can have, I believe you can see it as a opportunity rather than another changing trend in society.


Regulatory Opportunity #2
Data Privacy Law

I found this on pwc website a new law has been passed in California called the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA). This act allows consumer to get a copy of all their personal information collected about them, allowing a new breakthrough when it comes to personal privacy. This a potential opportunity for technology companies to help develop a copy of peoples information that has been collected. I think the technology industries are the many customer than can capitalize on this opportunities as they are able to obtain reports about protection privacy in a quick fashion. I feel like this is a fairly difficult opportunity to exploit because with this law I feel like it would be government employees help regulating this law. I see this as an opportunity because we are reaching the age of technology where everyone is worried about their privacy as technology invades every aspect of their life,

Economic Opportunity #1
Tax Cut and Jobs Act

This happened a couple years back but it takes awhile to see the effects of a bill that is passed. This act was passed back in 2017 which was on of the first things Trumps did when he got in office. I found this story from thebalance.com which broke down what the act was and what it meant for different groups of people based off of financial status. This might be a potential opportunity for any potential entrepreneur as with the tax cut people have more disposable income to spend on their wants. I feel like the customer of this opportunity is any one with more disposable income due to the tax cut.

Economic Opportunity #2
Stock Market Predictions

The stock market has a lot of change throughout the year but is always a hot topic of discussion during the beginning of the year about what experts predict will happen. I read about the predictions on Forbes to grasp a deeper understanding of the opportunities for investment this year. Experts say that the market has a two-thirds of a chance of a 10% increase. This is a potential opportunity for investors or novice investors to get their feet wet in investing. I feel like this opportunity is easy to exploit if you read up on where you are trying to invest and the predictions experts have made.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle, what an eclectic assortment of opportunities. I have to admit that the state by state movement towards legalized recreational marijuana sale and use has me considering complimentary entrepreneurship opportunities. From bongs to snacks, I 'm sure there are loads of ways to ride the legal pot wave without ever actually having to sell pot. I loved the story of the girl scout who set up her cookie table right outside of a dispensary. I hope she got her badge!
    It can feel like the analysts are like the weathermen when predicting stock market activity for the year, and yet we tune in and plan our day based on the weather report just like we feel dread or excitement based on the market forecasts.
    Solid post with good examples of trend and regulatory opportunities, keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle, you did really well with this assignment! You seem to be really good at identifying opportunities that realistically would attract a customer base. I have friends with relatives already starting marijuana farms in Florida. The impending legalization has so many entrepreneurs staring with wide eyes, and for a great reason.

    Same goes for predictions of economic trends. People, as I have noticed, love to watch the stock market anxiously awaiting an opportunity to make money off of having money. It's lucrative, sometimes fun, and definitely has a customer base. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Danielle,
    I enjoyed reading your post and the variety of the stories you choose. I also did one of my articles of the legalization of marijuana across The United States. I also discussed the regulatory impact that this could have. Already it is a very fast, booming industry. If it were legalized across the country there would be lots of opportunity for all different kinds of people.

    ReplyDelete