Monday, February 24, 2020

Halfway Reflection

Image result for do not give up




1. Some strategies I have developed to keep up with this course is to come to lecture or watch them live on my laptop. If I watch the lecture when they happen it is easier to keep up with them and I do not find myself cramming two lectures on Sunday to do the cupcake. This allows time for me to get the assignments done for the week and also easily manage other classes as I take this course. Another strategy is to try to take the cupcake when it comes out. This makes it easier to take the cupcake because the lectures happened only a few days ago. If I wait to Sunday or Monday to take it, it is much harder because I am only able to remember what my notes have not the information still in my head from being at lecture.

2. I have not felt like giving up in this class so far but by far I dreaded and felt the most out of the class when we had to do the first elevator pitch. It was something I was not looking forward to recording and submitting. I feel like I had a good tenacious grip on this class so far as I feel like you have to remain on top of this class in order to not fall behind. There are weekly assignments and cupcakes that you have to stay with if not those are easy points you give up and can not get back.

3. Three tips I would give to future students:
       a. Either go to live lecture or watch the lecture live, easiest way to stay on top of this class.
       b. Take the cupcake when it first comes out, will be the time when you recall the most from the               lectures.
       c. If you want to be an entrepreneur, listen  and actually do the assignments because they can                  help you develop your idea into a business.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle,
    I agree that it’s really easy to fall behind if you don’t consistently keep up with the lectures, especially when it comes to the weekend cupcakes. A key skill to have is time management for sure, there are so many things to do on a weekly basis, and we only have a limited time to get all of them done successfully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle,
    This is great advice! Unfortunately, I have another class at the same time as this one so I can't go to or watch the lectures live, but for people who don't this is great advice. Getting it out of the way and having a set schedule of when to watch lectures will definitely keep you organized and on track. Putting actual effort into your business idea is another great tip, as it could really have potential and will help you get accurate feedback. Thanks for your advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Danielle,
    I think your advice is great. While I have yet to attend or watch a lecture live, I definitely feel that if I would have done that, I might have done better on the cupcakes up to this point. I agree that the assignments can be useful if you do them correctly if you actually want to be an entrepreneur.

    ReplyDelete