Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Idea Napkin No. 1

1.  My name is Danielle Arigo and I am a sophomore from Tampa, Florida. I am at the University of Florida pursuing a degree in accounting. I really excel when it comes to projections and analysis of numbers. I think this would be beneficial to my company of UBikes when it comes to the financial side of the company. It could help my company better project how many bikes to start out with and estimate the growth of the company throughout Gainesville.
2. My business offers an affordable solution to traveling around Gainesville whether it be for enjoyment or as a reliable transportation method. May students do not have cars or bikes in Gainesville so instead of trying to Uber or walk to and from places they can rent a bike at their convenience.
3. I am offering it to University of Florida students primarily who do not already possess a car, scooter or bike. These students primarily live off campus and are needing a way to travel to campus. The general age of my market is people who are around the ages of 17 to 24. These people have some extra discretionary money they do not mind spending to get around campus or Gainesville. Most of my potential consumers find the RTS system inconvenient either because of the timing or pick up locations.
4. My business is valuable because there is nothing like it in Gainesville so far. I already have a competitive advantage on the market if people enter the market after I start because mine would be the first product they know and use. My business is also valuable because of the convenience factor, people can use the bikes whenever they want and do not have to wait for a specific time to come around in order for them to ride. Lastly my business is valuable because it is cheaper than other competitors that offer rides. The bike is a more reasonable price for college students on a tight budget compared to Uber or Lyft.
5. My core competency is being like no other business in and around the Gainesville area. MY company of UBikes serves the needs of students by providing a way to get to and from campus. In addition the UBike can be used for pure entertainment. If it is a nice day out friends can get together and ride bikes and explore downtown Gainesville. I believe no other company serves needs of transportation and as a leisure activity.

After analyzing my business in depth I believe it can be successful with proper estimates. I believe to launch this business there has to be a really good estimate of the number of people who would use the UBikes. From a conservative standpoint I can always add more bikes around the area if it is successful. The upfront cost is so high with a business like this so it is important to see how well the business does before growing. I definitely think there is a market that would adopt these bikes into their everyday lives.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Danielle,
    The fact that you are majoring in accounting and have experience in making projections and analysis of data can only help in the pursuit of your business idea. This also allows you to focus on other aspects of the business that you feel you may not be as strong at, whether that is marketing, app development, etc.. I think by using your skills you can succeed at your opportunity.

    ReplyDelete