Thursday, January 23, 2020

Bug List



  1.  The intersection of University Ave and 13th street going north and south on 13th street and there is no right-hand turn lane.

WHY: This bug exists because there is so much traffic through that intersection making the right-hand lane slow as it is a mix of cars are turning and going straight.
      2. Drivers that are in the left lane (passing lane) that go the speed limit.

WHY: This bug exists because people do not pay attention and are distracted as they drive
3. Fast food restaurants not asking how many sauces you want and only give you one or two when I asked for extra sauce.
WHY: This bug exists because that is the normal amount they give out and forget or get lazy when putting an order together
4. When one of my roommates leaves the apartment, door unlock when no one is at the apartment.
WHY: This bug exists because I do not one random people coming into our apartment and taking stuff
5. When one of my roommates leaves or comes homes when I am sleeping and slams the door.
WHY: This bug exists because I am light sleeper causing me to wake up in the middle of the night or the morning and have a hard time going back to sleep.
6. When the trash builds up in the trash can and no one takes it out.
WHY: This bug exists because I like things to be clean and neat.
7. Paper straws instead of plastic straws
WHY: This bug exists because when I use a paper straw it becomes limp.
 8.When people do not fill up the Brita after they emptied it
WHY: This bug exists because when I go to get more water, I have to get water from the sink because no water is in the Brita
9. When people leave dirty dishes in the sink for a long time and do not wash them.
WHY: This bug exists because when I go use a pot or pan, I have to take it out of the dirty dish pile and wash it.
10. Very limited parking at UF in general and none of the commuter lots are near the business school
WHY: This bug exists because I have to walk home and depending on the time leave campus, I would feel much safer driving home.
11. People who drag their feet when they walk.
WHY: This bug exists because we learn to pick up our feet when we are taught to walk.
12. When people do not have manners when talking to a person that has authority over them.
WHY: This bug exists because I believe people should be respectful to others and using manner really shows respect towards others.
13. When people interrupt you when you are speaking.
WHY: This bug exists because I find it impolite to speak over or cut someone off when they are talking.
14. When I make simple mistakes in doing a problem for homework or on a test.
WHY: This bug exists because I understand the topic just went too quickly on solving it.

15. When the rider app says a bus is coming in like 5 mins and then readjust several times and the bus does not come for another 15 minutes
WHY: This bug exists because I get ready super-fast to catch the bus and then stuck waiting there for a decent amount of time.
16. When people make the grammatical error of using the wrong form of a word, like its vs it’s and their vs there vs they’re.
WHY: This bug exists because they grammatical errors are so elementary but people still use those words interchangeably.
17. Chewing with their mouth open.
WHY: This bug exists because it is gross to see what is in other people’s mouth and the sound is agitating.
18. Drivers who cut in front of you but do not accelerate.
WHY: This bug exists because you do not change lanes and cut someone off unless you are going to accelerate to the speed of which the flow of traffic is in that lane.
19.When people are driving on the on ramp to a interstate and are going slow and not accelerating to merge.
WHY: This bug exists because it is very difficult to merge onto an interstate if you are going 20mph the speed of the rest of traffic.

      20. Pens that bleed through the page
                  WHY: This bug exists because if I use that type of pen I can only write on one side of the                     paper.

Reflection:
        This assignment for me was relatively hard. When I first started the assignment the first five or so cam pretty quickly; however, as time progressed  I struggled to think of things that bug me. I found this difficult partly because I try to let go of the things that bug me and not hold any type of grudge. I found that if I took this assignment and spend multiple days on it, then I could come up with things that bugged me over those couple of days. For me to come up with 20 bugs over the course of a couple days, I wondered how long the list would be if I kept track over the entire semester. 

3 comments:

  1. Hey Danielle,

    I agree it would be interesting to keep a longer tally of the things that inconvenience us. The parking situation is pretty bad at UF, and a lot close to the business school would be great. I'm also not a fan of paper straws, they just don't work well. As a general rule, while a lot of things work exactly as they should, a lot can be improved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle, I was cracking up reading your "BUG LIST". Why is it so satisfying to share complaints about stuff that frustrates us throughout the day? I liked how you covered a range of topics and behaviors, so many inconveniences are completely out of or control and require us to just be more tolerant. It was helpful to find the ones that might have a solution.
    I also find myself screaming at people (from the safety of my vehicle) in the passing lane that aren't actually passing...stay in the slow lane!!! What's funny is that I am getting mad that they are driving the speed limit, I'm the one who is in the wrong. The "feet dragging" thing also drives me crazy. Is it ever polite to point this out to another person? I would hope that someone would tell me if I was doing it. I pointed out my husband's feet dragging to him. It didn't go well.
    One part of your entry that was funny but might be an area worth revisiting was your complaint about grammatical errors. While pointing other people's misuse of certain words, you included some grammatical errors of your own. Be sure to proofread or run a grammar check, it makes your argument more effective.
    Thanks for the fun glimpse into the stuff that bugs you, and I hope your roommate locks the door from now on, washes their dishes, and refills the Brita! Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Danielle,
    As I was reading over your "bug list" I noticed how many of them were about bad drivers, or things that certain drivers do. I could not agree more with all the things that "bug" you as they were also on my list. One "bug" on your list that I did not even think about, but absolutely bugs me was when rider apps randomly change the pickup time, leaving you waiting for double the original time.

    ReplyDelete